To: ALL POTENTIAL BIDDERS
From: LUKE PEARSON, REAL ESTATE MANAGER
Subject: LEASE OF RED RIVER WATERWAY COMMISSION OWNED LAND/
KATELAND REALIGNMENT/PART OF TRACT NOS. 1, 3, 5, & 7/100.0 ACRES
RAPIDES PARISH, LOUISIANA
To: All Bidders:
Please find enclosed an invitation and proposal for bid on the referenced property. Also, please find
enclosed a sample of the lease document you will be required to sign if you are the highest bidder.
Please be advised that the following restrictions and requirements, as well as those in the lease, will
govern the lease of the subject property:
1. BID--Minimum bid for this property is set at $20.00 per acre per year.
2. TERM--Lease term is set at 5 years, with option for a five (5) year extension.
3. PROPERTY--There shall be no clearing of the property, and there shall be no cutting of timber without prior
permission from the Red River Waterway Commission.
4. ACCESS--The District and the Commission do not guarantee access to the leased property.
5. USAGE--The District and the Commission do not guarantee the condition or suitability of the property for any particular
use or purpose. Lessee shall be responsible for erection of any fences and gates needed for use of the property or
as may be required by this lease.
6. INSURANCE--Evidence of insurance coverage must be provided by the LESSEE to the District and the Commission
as required in Section 7 of the lease document, with the Commission named as an additional insured.
7. COST--The actual cost of advertising and recordation will be computed into the cost of the first years lease amount
and will be the responsibility of LESSEE. Cash payments will not be accepted.
8. BID ENVELOPE–The enclosed sticker must be affixed to the front of your sealed bid so that it can be clearly marked.
Envelopes submitted without this sticker and without a name will not be accepted.
9. TERMINATION--This lease is subject to termination with or without cause as per Section 7 of the lease
Please be advised that the bid opening date for this lease is OCTOBER 16, 2020, at 2:00 PM.
Direct all questions to Greylen Barnett or myself at this office.
Sample files and documents on the link below