To: ALL POTENTIAL BIDDERS
From: LUKE PEARSON, REAL ESTATE MANAGER
Subject: LEASE OF RED RIVER WATERWAY COMMISSION OWNED LAND/
JOHN H. OVERTON LOCK & DAM NO. 2/TRACT NOS. 5, 6, 8, AND 9/195.0 ACRES
RAPIDES PARISH, LOUISIANA
Please find enclosed an invitation and proposal for bid on the referenced property. Also, please find
enclosed a sample of the lease document you will be required to sign if you are the highest bidder.
Please be advised that the following restrictions, and requirements, as well as those in the lease, will
govern the lease of the subject property:
1. BID--Minimum bid for all lease types is set at $20.00 per acre annually.
2. TERM--Lease term is set at 5 years, with option for 5 year extension.
3. PROPERTY--There shall be no cutting of timber.
4. ACCESS--The District and the Commission do not guarantee access to the leased property - access must be
arranged by lessee.
5. USAGE--The District and the Commission do not guarantee the condition or suitability of the property for any particular
use or purpose. Lessee shall be responsible for erection of any fences and gates needed for use of the property or
as may be required by this lease.
6. INSURANCE--Evidence of insurance coverage must be provided by the LESSEE to the District and the Commission
as required in Section 7 of the lease document, with the Commission named as an additional insured.
7. COST--The actual cost of advertising and recordation will be computed into the cost of the first years lease amount
and will be the responsibility of LESSEE. Cash payments will not be accepted.
8. BID ENVELOPE–The enclosed sticker must be affixed to the front of your sealed bid so that it can be clearly marked.
Envelopes submitted without this sticker and without a name will not be accepted.
9. TERMINATION--This lease is subject to termination with or without cause as per Section 9 of the lease
Please be advised that the bid opening date for this lease is AUGUST 4, 2020, at 2:00 PM.
Direct all questions to Greylen Barnett or myself at this office. - 318-352-7446
Please click link below for images and bid information